add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about Phanteks P400 w/ Phanteks RGB strip

Khaosix

43 months ago

I have a customer that wants a Phanteks P400 case and he also wants to add an RGB strip. I've read that the Phanteks RGB strip will work with the P400/P400s even though it says that it only works for the Enthoo Luxe.

My question is; has anybody ordered this case AND this RGB strip, and if so, did it hook up to the RGB connector on the case or did it not? Should I just go with a different RGB strip?

Thanks!

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 3 points

the strips work fine with the P400 and Evolv ATX glass. those cases include a built in connector for the LED strips.

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

Seems to work fine yes.

I found a build using the P400 and the Phanteks RGB Strips http://pcpartpicker.com/b/TBM8TW.

Have a look and dont forget to comment and +1 the build heheh!

Before you ask, no it is not my build but seems like a rational thing to do no?

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm sure I read somewhere the strip is just common or garden 5050 with a specific connector on the end which means the Phanteks strip is at least 10 times the going rate for 5050 on ebay.

You could easily solder the strip to the connector or source the right one on ebay to make it 'factory'. I've got a metre left over from backlighting my tv so am going to use that if my lad decides he wants internal lighting too.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help guys. +1 for all

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube