add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can an AIO liquid CPU cooler be the sole intake?

wizcreations

44 months ago

I've never used liquid cooling before. I'm thinking of a build with two exhaust fans (80-120mm) mounted on the rear and upper sides of the case with a 240mm radiator as the only intake. Will the radiator fans provide enough air intake to keep the GPU and other components cool or would additional airflow into the case be required? The GPU will not have a side-vent for additional air.

I know there's a lot of debate over whether or not radiators should intake or exhaust, but I'm just curious to know the answer to this question for setups that use the radiator as intake.

Thanks!

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

Will the radiator fans provide enough air intake to keep the GPU and other components cool?

Yes although I would recommend putting the top as intake as well to keep a positive pressure.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Forgot to mention it would be a mini or mid tower.

Thanks for your reply

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I've seen it done. I think it depends on what kind of airflow the cooler is pushing, and what the exhaust situation looks like on the case!

It can be done, just might need some adjustments to make it the best it can be!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube