add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Underrated cases?

BigAll

43 months ago

I see a lot of builds that use the same cases, that's fine, there are some cases that are simply a good deal.

That's not what this thread is about, this thread is about the underrated cases that aren't used much.

This case is kinda funky, in a good way, and comes in some hard to fing colors.
This one is pretty sleek and seems like a good budget case.

List some of your favorate cases that you just don't see very often.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

DIPC Silence-BK, which I have. At $55 I think it's a great deal. Maybe even $65 if you're into that type of case.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I've never been a huge fan of monolphic style towers, but this is a well featured case for this price range. Sound dampening cases typically have a good bit of markup, so this really is a good deal.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

monolphic

/r/excgarated?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

maby a tad, but you see what I mean :P

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

You mean DIYPC?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

APEVIA Dreamer 4. Although it's value sucks, it will always hold a little special place in my heart since it was the first case I ever used. Cable management was meh but I was able to make look clean though. Aesthetics I thought of the time of buying it looks "awesome", typical noob, but now I think the green on it is a bit much and I wish I would've gotten the with side panel without the window. If it was like $40 or under, it wouldn't be a bad case for the price.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

even if it can't compete in it's price range, it looks like a pretty nice case. MUCH better than my first case :P

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

It's to flashy in my opinion which is why I wish I got the one without the window. What was your first case?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

IN WIN 707

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

WHY R THEY ALL MATX!?!??!!??

I wanted the second one but my planned build is ATX.

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

Matx has some pretty good support. Just small enough to cut down materials cost, but big enough you aren't struggling to fit all of the components on it.

You can even do sli in an matx case!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

MATX is a pretty fun form factor. You still get 4 dimm slots, sli suppport, and a pretty full I/O. All with a smaller board.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

The Be Quiet! cases.

They have really good build quality and are super quiet as well but still rarely see them ever.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Omg, the first one is one of my favorites!

The Silverstone KL06B and the other Silverstone TJ06-E

The Thermaltake VL800P1W2N with the cool AMD theme to it, sadly it's a cool theme on a cheap case.

The Define Arc Mini

The Thermaltake Core X9, X5, X2 and X1, even though they're like knock off Case Labs Cube cases, they have excellent Watercooling capabilities.

The EVGA Hydron

The Corsair Carbide 88r, nice affordable mATX case with a large window. Supports a 240 mm rad too.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Many of the Bitfenix cases, including the Bitfenix Shinobi and Bitfenix Prodigy

Both were very famed, esp. the Prodigy back then, around 2 or 3 years back. Sadly, the prices on both of them gone up about 30-40 dollars and are in competition with more modern cases. It seems like the line up of a lot of their cases gone up about 15$ sinch 2014

Yatagarasu will continue to be my absolute favorite build on the site withthe Bitfenix Shinobi.

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you seen this Silverstone case?

It's similar to the Arc Mini, but look how the motherboard is mounted, there's a window version too. Cool isn't it?

It's like these cases were separated at birth :P

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

YES! xD

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

There's also the KM06B, it's the same with a different design

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Philip has a cool build in it if you're interested:

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/KJ7hP6

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh,look. There's some lovely filth over here!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube