add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

P400s and NZXT hue+

Antcoumbe

43 months ago

Hey all strange question and I know a lot of people will just ask why I didn't just get a h440 case but I really liked the p400s. With the hue+ kit you can get it to pulse colours as many know. Is there anyway of connecting this to my case so that the front light pulses aswell or do I just have to stick with the one colour. Random question I know but want to look at my options for rgb fun with it once it is built.

Update* I know that phanteks do an adaptor to connect the case lighting to an aura mobo. Reckon this connector will go into a hue+??

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I know the Phanteks RGB Strips can synchronize with the case's RGB lighting but not sure about the Hue+ though.

Some motherboards do have RGB ports on them to allow the control of RGB through your motherboard directly to control the motherboard and RGB strips but the case's rgb may not be synchronizeable though.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BYPV3F What do you think sabre? :) I got a cheaper PSU cause i thought i needed no extra wattage, and am getting the gtx 1070, so tell me, will that psu stay loyal?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Cant ever go wrong with Seasonic to be honest.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

That's assuring! Thanks mate :D

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

sure thing

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

hmmmm, every time i find something, i come up with another thing lol.... so SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold vs EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 80

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Think I might go with the hue+ and just have the exterior light as white. Will see what the build is like when I have finished it before going down rgb route.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

always a good idea to build and then add the RGB strips so they dont get in the way.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is a good show of a P400 with the Phanteks RGB strips : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/TBM8TW

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheers for that. Just mulling over whether it's worth the extra £25 for fancy effects etc and rainbow colours. Might just get it as a present for my birthday lol ( I'm a 32 year old man

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Hehehe!

Good luck with that.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Went for the hue+ in the end and I'm very impressed with the end result. Just waiting on GPU now and then I will write up my build

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't see why it shouldn't work, just detach it from the case controller altogether and connect to your hue+.

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

If they are the same connections yeah? NZXT website says the hue+ is not compatible with this case for some reason or another.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube