add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus m5a97 r2.0 downclocking RAM

Thatoneguy1141
  • 80 months ago

I have an Asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard and 1600mhz 2x4gb crucial ballistic sport xt ram and when I boot the PC the MB automatically runs the ram at 1333mhz and when I try to change it to 1600mhz in the bios the PC refuses to boot unless I press a button called MemOk! Next to the ram slots in which case the PC boots but running the ram at 1333mhz is there a way to fix this?

My build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VQyB

Comments

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

When you manually adjust the DRAM speed in the bios to 1600Mhz it probably isn't adjusting the DRAM timings. So, manually set DRAM speed to 1600Mhz, manually adjust timings and voltage to the ones specified by the DRAM manufacturer. Save and reboot. Should be good to go after that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube