add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need advice.

Matazines

44 months ago

What would be the best cooler to go with my i5 6500. I was going to go with the hyper 212X of the Hyper 212 Evo but the compatibility with the LGA 1511 socket. Pls help. Thanks.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The 6500 comes with its own stock cooler and thermal paste.

Unless you are using the PC in particularly hot conditions, the stock cooler will be fine specially since the 6500 cannot be overclocked.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah I was more looking to get an aftermarket cooler just because I had heard that the stock cooler was loud among other things.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are worried about noise, you can get an hyper 212 evo.

No need to really get anything big and fancy.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

If you'd rather not spend as much, there are other great budget options for a stock replacement. I had this one in mind: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/deepcool-cpu-cooler-gammaxx200t

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The point was noise and that cooler is pretty noisy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube