• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Seventh-Column 35 months ago

Hello, my Windows 10 crashed when I was playing GTA V about 20 minutes ago.

There was a D3D9.dll error or something, then my screen went black but there was still light was still coming from it. Since Ctrl+Alt+Delete did nothing, I rebooted my PC (rest button) and now everything is severely slow. I can't open the windows icon at the bottom right, and my PC is incredibly slow. Keep in mind I have an SSD. Not to mention the Windows Mail icon is missing (that is my only windows base icon that is on my taskbar).

Comments Sorted by:

stan1006 1 point 35 months ago

what are your computer specs. I had a similar problem running ARMA 3. In my case I was just pushing my graphics card too hard. I couldn't say for sure that its the same for you.

Seventh-Column submitter 2 Builds 1 point 35 months ago

Look at my build. I am running stock clocks on GPU (not at the time of the crash, though), and 4.4GHz.

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 35 months ago

Try removing any overclocks you may have (if any) and then reinstall the latest version Microsoft DirectX.

An other option is doing a system restore to a point prior to the issue you encountered which should fix it as well.

Already did that. This is the second time it has happened and I can't go back any further :/ I am wiping my SSD (OS) and keeping personal files on my SSHD.

then reinstalling looks like the last resort

Yep.. The bright side is I don't have to reinstall GTA V. Anyway, I reset everything and now everything is working perfectly.

Good.

Dont forget to make a restore point before using it just in case hehehe!

How do I do this???