add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Over Kill and economically wise?

Situccg
  • 78 months ago

I am in the process of buying parts for a first time build and I am curious to know if the power supply I selected is an over kill and economically wise. I appreciate you support. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Situccg/saved/2IGl

Additionally guidance is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 2 points

To answer to your question, yes it is overkill with your current build. However, if you plan on getting a second 780 within 2014. I suggest keeping it.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I second this

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd keep it however you can get the 860 for $25 less

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Where I only see it listed for 199 on amazon.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I was referring to the 860 and not the 860i

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-ax860

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I got it. Getting the 860 vs the 860i is a couple $$ cheaper. The price tag doesn't look so bad now. (Ha Ha)

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

haha I have the 860i for my 770 SLI setup and it works like a charm and isn't very loud. The loudest part of my computer I'd say are the fans/cpu cooler but then again I don't hear any of it with my logitech G930 Headset on

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Do I gain much by getting the 860i? The reviews are 50/50.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube