add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan recommendation

EdInk

44 months ago

After some red LED PWM 120mm fans...any suggesstions? Preferably static pressure fans...thanks

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, there's the corsair air series sp 120mm led red? I mean, I just typed into google static pressure red led fans, and went into "shopping". You can dig around there and see which fits your budget, and which one you like. If you don't mind, you can always get an rgb version and set the color to red, cause rgb is a think now... or at least its on everything possible now.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks but I settled for the Bitfenix Spectre 120mm PWM. Well within my budget which was another driving factor.

[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The Skylake bending issue was with Scythe coolers and the mounting pressure that could be applied with the mounting screws, and also with times such as shipping or otherwise suffering shocks. Scythe has replaced the mounting screws for lower mounting pressure except for their Mugen 4.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

You probably want to use a CPU cooler from the CPU manufacturer, not an "aftermarket" CPU cooler, especially if you plan to use the Intel Core i7-6700K. T

So you would want to fry the CPU? May I ask what is the logic behind that so I can clear up any misunderstandings?

The i7-6700K has a known issue with excessive force from aftermarket CPU coolers damaging the CPU.

That is with scythe coolers only and has been fixed.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube