add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H60 Vs ARCTIC Liquid Freezer 120

liamd20

44 months ago

Which to choose for an i5 6600k overclock ?

Corsair H60 : 70$ Arctic 120 : 80$

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

Between the two, definitely get the Arctic 120. It performs on par with many 240mm rads, and blows the H60 away.

But for ~$85, you can get the Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 from NCIX.

Just make sure you have ample space for the Arctic AIO's as they are push-pull out of the box and have thick rads.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

My case will be Corsair spec-02.

The arctic 240 is around 30$ more of the 120. Is it really really worth it ?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it really really worth it ?

No. But since you were interested in AIO coolers I thought it was worth mentioning. As pegotico said, you can do quite well with an air cooler and for same price or cheaper. You can also do just fine with the 120mm unit.

If you are going AIO I would say the Liquid Freezer 120 > H60 easily. In fact I'd wager it is the best 120mm AIO on the market. But it isn't necessary to get an AIO liquid cooler for the 6600K.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you choose if it was you ?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, where are you buying from? Is it in USD? $80 for the Arctic 120mm is a little high; what would it cost you to get a Noctua NH-D15 or D14? Or the Cryorig H7?

If those are cheaper, get those. If the Arctic 120mm is cheaper, get that.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Scythe FUMA at $55 is also a great performer for the price and is good to consider as long as you're careful when mounting it.

http://www.overclockers.com/scythe-fuma-heatsink-review/

The Thermalright Macho X2 is also another similarly-priced option to consider and will also be better noise-wise.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

None.... Either get a 240mm rad (if it fits inside your case) or an air cooler which will cost you less and perform on par with those 120mm rads.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/hQ7CmG/lepa-cpu-cooler-lpwac240hf

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/GV38TW/deepcool-cpu-cooler-captain240

or get the Cryorig H7 for 35 bucks at newegg or the M9i for 20 bucks and this will give you decent overclock.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

240mm seems overkill for a i5 6600k no ?!

I can fit 240mm fan on my case, but it will remains me only 1 fan to push air out.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

240mm seems overkill for a i5 6600k no ?!

No its not.. It depends on the overclock. The case you have spec 02 shows as not being compatible with 240mm rads eventhough it could fit depending on motherboard.

Just get the cryorig H7 which is way cheaper (35 bucks) and will give you a decent overclock. 120mm rads will cost you more and give you about the same performance.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/6.html

You wont have to worry about pump noise, pump failure, leaks... Im just trying to help you. :)

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know how the LEPA cooler works but the Deepcool one is pretty bad. Even the 360 version couldn't keep up with most 240mm AIO's.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The Lepa is essentially on par with the H100i

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, that rebate makes it a really good value cooler as well. I mean, so does the full price.

Not gonna lie, it looks a little cool too.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, it's such a competitive model because it doesn't have the market share like the Corsair coolers (or the advertising capabilities)

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't get Cryorig H7 in Canada. What other Cpu air cooler is equal / Better than the arctic 120 ?

• 44 months ago
  • 0 points

Truthfully, not many people have experience with the Arctic Liquid Freezer 120(myself included, I just have its big brother). It only came out last Fall, and it's not the biggest brand. Coolers tend to be an item many people don't want to experiment on either, for obvious reasons.

The Noctua NH-D14 and Noctua NH-D15 are very good. The Dark Rock Pro 3 is very good. Cryorig R1 Ultimate is very good. I only know these from their reputations and benchmarks though.

All I can say for certain is: don't get the Corsair H60 lol. In fact, don't get any Corsair AIO's unless they're 240mm or 280mm, and even then I'd say get the one I have instead lol.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The Noctua NH-D14 and Noctua NH-D15 are very good. The Dark Rock Pro 3 is very good. Cryorig R1 Ultimate is very good. I only know these from their reputations and benchmarks though.

Ahem: Scythe Fuma.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

and apparently the scythe fuma as well!

XD

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

So is the Thermalright True Spirit dead?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

That still has its place with lower noise levels, better noise quality, and better RAM clearance.

But performance wise it seems like the Fuma is impossible to beat for its price. The only next closest thing I can think of to it for the price is Thermalright's Macho X2, whose Amazon price has strangely disappeared on PCPP.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I would like to OC at like 4.5... 212 evo is enough or i should get a Dark pro 3 ?!

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I have found a H7 at 55$ here.

212 evo : 38$ Dark pro 3 : 100$

Which to buy ?! I want to have a really good OC.

• 44 months ago
  • -2 points

None, 120mm rad is bulllshit and overpriced

• 44 months ago
  • 3 points

What a pointless answer. Advice me anything else and explain why lol

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

With a 120MM AIO you can get a HSF for cheaper that is on par or better than it and usually is quieter.

• 44 months ago
  • -2 points

Because the general concensus here (it might be changing) is that any cooling you can get from 120m AIO water coolers, you can achieve the same thing with a decent HSF/air cooler, and the price floor is lower, so you get same cooling, for less, thus making 120mm rad AIOs overpriced.

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

The Liquid Freezer 120 is only about $65 though (idk where OP is buying though), coming in under many of the top air coolers that are usually suggested, yet still performing as well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube