add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

mini ITX

rosswalker

42 months ago

What mITX cases would you guy's go for if it wasn't the Evolv itx?

I like the look of the Lian-Li PC-Q01B

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

NCASE M1.

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

My discussion is for those who want to use a single decent gaming video card. Without this requirement you could go even smaller.

I love my Silverstone SG05. mine perfectly (barely) fits 770 gtx. Zillions of people have this case!!!

The newer SG13 is a little bigger and more practical because it can handle video cards up to 10.5 inches, including some gtx 1070 (blower style). If I was buying new I probably would get that.

I also like Ncase m1 but that is really expensive. However it can handle huge video cards if you want a mega long and fat 1080.

You should use an SFX power supply (like silverstones) for all of these setups, then you'll be good.
Don't listen to anyone who tells you to try using ATX power supply, though it is technically possible.

I'd try to avoid SFX-L also (The -L versions are larger than standard SFX)

I benefited from my decision to buy "low profile" ram, it doesn't really cost extra. In many cases it won't matter, but better safe than sorry.

SG05 is about 10.8 liter, Cost is super cheap, tons of people have this old case, still great.

SG13 11.5 liter can take cards up to 10.5". Quite cheap, newer

Ncase m1 12.7 liter can take huge cards. Expensive, high quality

All of these are tiny enough to take as carry-on luggage on a plane! All 3 have great cooling, if you don't make a mess with long cables. Good to get modular short power cables, and 90 degree short sata cables

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

This is probably the best summation of good mITX cases in this thread.

I personally have a soft spot for the M1 but it is expensive (235 USD after shipping).

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The CM Elite 130, Thermaltake Supressor F1, Corsair 250D, Thermaltake Core X1, mostly cubed cases, and the Lian Li case that looks like a train are my favorites.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Lian Li case that looks like a train

Eh?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Fractal Define Nano S is pretty good. Has enough space to do water cooling which is impressive for a mITX. Kind of like a simplified version of the R5.

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say it's a nano version on the define s?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

rofl yes

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

If you like Lian-Li cases, did you look at the PC-Q10 and the PC-Q17

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the Q10.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The A4-SFX by DAN Cases looks interesting if you can find it.

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

It overheats like crazy.

tfw your case overheats

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I just looked at the internals and it looks almost impossible to build in, In really tempted to get the InWin 901 itx

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

So what about the InWin 901? I only like premium looking cases for the most part

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there another case but I can get in the UK?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed on the heatbox issue. If you want the 9xx series of inwins and don't want your computer to over heat, we sadly have to go with the 909.... which is definitely not a mitx.

I have the phanteks evolve right now and I love it!

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Or the core p5 if i go atx

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube