add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

212 evo clearance issues (oops)

sabybe01

44 months ago

I'm working on a mini-ITX build in the Bitfenix Prodigy that features some rather high profile Crucial Ballistix Elite RAM. I checked on the RAM clearance of the 212, and knew very well that it wouldn't clear with the fan on the "front." so silly me just thought I would simply move the fan to the "back" of the heatsink.

However, now I'm realizing that the space between this fan and the rear exhaust fan on the case will be small (if it fits at all).

So it seems to me that I will either have to forego an exhaust fan and depend on the heatsink fan to push air out of the case, or run the 212 evo fanless...

Thoughts?

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

So it seems to me that I will either have to forego an exhaust fan and depend on the heatsink fan to push air out of the case, or run the 212 evo fanless...

It would make more sense to remove the exhaust rear fan...

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

you might get away with slightly placing the fan higher up the heatsink to accommodate your ram.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube