add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA Supernova G2 650W air flow query

daveyboy28
  • 46 months ago

Hey all,

I'm installing the EVGA supernova G2 650W into my Dell desktop.

It sits in the top, rear portion of the desktop. My issue is, there is no ventilation holes above the PSU. Therefore (as far as I know) my PSU will be taking air from within the case (one which I plan to add an rx 480 to) and exhausting it through the rear.

Does anyone with any experience have any advice or words of encouragement? It would be sitting above an exhaust fan which would hopefully draw much of the heat away from the GPU.

It sits in this order (top to bottom):

EVGA supernova g2 Exhaust Fan >>>>> CPU AMD RX 480

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Years ago this was another role of the PSU, to help remove hot air from the PC. Its fine.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

As vagabond pointed out it will be fine, the psu will just run warmer but that wont be an issue. ANd that is an excellent PSU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube