add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noctis 450 PWM FAN HUB???

BrainPwr

42 months ago

Hi, i just built a PC using the Noctis 450 and utilized it's PWM Fan Hub. It's very hard for me to set up a fan controller perhaps i connected the PWM pin to the wrong header on my Motherboard (MSI z170 gaming pro). I connected the PWM header into the CPU #1 pin on the motherboard however neither the corsair link, or other fan controller software cannot detect all of my fans (3 front intake the case comes with, 1 rear exhaust and 2 top exhaust for water cooler). All fans connected to the hub btw. Any help appreciated

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The hub is controlled by the controller in the fron of the case isnt it?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

it's a PWM hub. I actually just read the manual (lol who reads manuals huh ?XD) and it states that i need to connect the pwm header into the CPU FAN header on motherboard which i have. so i'm completely lost as to why i can't adjust my fan speed curve

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Normally, you can connect your air coller to the hub and have it controlled based on the CPU temp automatically.

Not sure how good this will be for the Corsair AIO with a pump and fans though.

Have you tried seeing if you can adjust the curve in the BIOS itself?

Many BIOS now includes fan curve managements.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I have i'm just not able to adjust the curve

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

you shoudl be able to adjust the curve as a whole for all the fans on it.

Strange that you cant set a special profile for it.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

going to try again tonight perhaps on connected to the wrong header on my motherboard. I just want to lower the settings a bit because sitting on idle roughly at 30-35C the fans operate at 50% which is kind of overkill

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

You can't adjust each fan individually. They are all controlled at once. To control them, go into bios and set a fan curve for the fan header that you plugged the pwm hub in to.

if you want to control fans individually, something like the Grid+ V2 is what you want.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube