add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Replace fans in noctua d14/15 VS kraken x61

sciran

44 months ago

I hate to say it but when I have been choosing parts for my build, aesthetics matter. No amount of of raving about its cost and efficiency can outweigh that the d14/15 is ugly AF (pun intended). It may also be limiting my case selection slightly.

On the other hand there are AIO watercoolers that look awesome, and in the case of the kraken may be slightly more effective, but at a significant price bump.

So my question is 2 parts. First, which black or black/gray fans would you recommend to replace the stock fans that would be as good or better than the originals?

Second, would you still reccommend a d14/15 over an AIO factoring in that extra cost?

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

2 decent fans will be 30-40 extra so just get the kraken X61 or corsair H115i which will be cheaper.

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

I would go for a Syche Fuma over the Noctua D15, its cheaper, smaller, better looking and is in the colros you want, and performs just as good. Between the Fuma and the X61, the X61 has the better performance but the Fuma has a much better bang for your buck.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube