add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rookie Questio

Greg7579

43 months ago

I am about to do a first build with a Corsair 780T Tower and using the Corsair 115 CPU cooler, which I know will mount at the top. I have not ordered the parts yet but am about to. I have seen pictures where the fans seem to be pointed down into the case and others where you see nothing but radiator and the fans are obviously on top and venting out the top grill. Am I seeing this incorrectly? Can you switch the fans around on the cooler point it different directions? Do builders sometimes suck air from the top grill and blow it down vs push air up through the top grill? I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm trying to picture this....

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

King Christian, Are you saying that I should mount the radiator up against the top of the case with the fans mounted below the radiator inside the case blowing down in into the case (as intakes) sucking cold air through the radiator from the top of the case and blowing hot air into the case? That counters my beginner logic, but you say that is cooling the radiator better with cold air from outside the case, right? The hot air blown into the case is exhausted out the back of the case anyway. Plus, the case is pressurized better with a lot of intake which protects it from dust, right? (Not sure I have that concept right.)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube