add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bios fan profile, what is yours?

Wojohowitz1

43 months ago

Just wondering on your fan profile in the bios at what temp do you go 100% and what temp do you likr to keep your cpu at?

Thanks

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I am messing with mine and right now I have mine set to hit 100% fan at 72C. I have that low profile Noctua fan and man is it quiet! I cannot hear it at all no matter what speed. Damn good engineering on that cooler!

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I went back to the default settings.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I jave mine on the default, iirc it hits 100% at 80°

Fan noise doesn't really bother me, so I'm using a pretty cheap but effective tower cooler. It's idling at 32° C I don't think it even gets into the 50s under full load.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I think my CPU fans go to 100% at 60C or 70C. I'd have to look at it again when I am home to tell you the exact curve. I am still in the process of retooling my OC and fan settings so I've been tinkering lately and still need to finalize it/stress test it.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

So right now my fan curve is set:

0C-24C: 30%

40C: 40%

58C: 50%

60C: 100%

Still messing around but right now it only hits 100% if I am gaming or stress testing, so far. The 58C marker catches any random spikes for me, it seems.

• 43 months ago
  • 0 points

I don't have that option even though my board costs around $110, yay Gigabyte. I just used Fanspeed to set it to 70% which is 2170RPM.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Idk about their AMD boards but their Intel boards you can definitely set fan curves. =(

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup. I'm pretty sure its just FM2/FM2+ socket that have crap bios.

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 0 points

In the bios true but its terrible and doesn't work well in my experience on the 3 Gigabyte boards I have owned. The fan speed sped up slightly but once it go below 20C thermal margin it shot up all the way to max RPM which got annoying when you was usually at 18C to 22C

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 0 points

I love the board itself, I have loved all of the, but bios are definitely lackluster for the FM2/FM2+ socket. A $110 board has almost the same bios and features in it as a $50 board.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube