add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Installation order

extremisbuild

43 months ago

I accidentally installed my cryorig h7 on my motherboard before screwing it into my case. Is there any risk of my motherboard being damaged from installation? It took me like half an hour to install that cooler, mainly my fault though.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless something isn't fitting, that is actually the norm -- installing the cooler and then installing the motherboard into the case.

The only thing you'll need to mindful of is sometimes with larger heatsinks it can be difficult to get to the fan headers - making plugging in your fans a pain in the a$$ but this isn't a "problem" -- just something to be prepared for. It also depends on the motherboard layout.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

OK thanks

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

There's nothing intrinsically dangerous about doing it in that order.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, thanks

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

For air coolers, this is pretty standard.

The only thing is if you got big fingers like mine, it can be a bit though plugging the 8 pin and screwing off the motherboard in the top left corner of the case but should be no problem otherwise.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I found plugging in the 8 pin cpu power cable to be quite a struggle. Thanks for the feedback

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats whwhere my AIO cooler was more user friendly, it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube