add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Liquid Cooling?

snoopers

43 months ago

So I've been looking into some Liquid coolers after realizing that a fan just might not do the job. Is Liquid cooling easy to install? Can i get any recommendations. I'd appreciate it, Thanks!

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

So I've been looking into some Liquid coolers after realizing that a fan just might not do the job.

A AIO cooler uses fans just like a "air cooler" does....

Liquid cooling easy to install?

A AIO cooler is just as a easy as a HSF/"air cooler" to install if not easier due to the lack of awkward angles.

Can i get any recommendations. I'd appreciate it, Thanks!

What is your budget? Case? Socket? What CPU? Are you overclocking?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont plan on doing major overclocking or maybe not any at all, I'll be using a i5-6600k Quad on A Storm Scout 2 By Cooler Master which is ATX Mid and what do you mean by Socket?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

what do you mean by Socket?

I meant what socket is your CPU on like AM3+, LGA 1151, LGA 1150, etc but I realized that is pointless since you just told me your CPU...

The best CPU cooler that you can get for that case is going to be a HSF/"air cooler", not a AIO cooler since it can only support up to 140MM rads. What is your budget?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

oh like 1.1k sorry for all my late responses

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

These are the 4 most balanced options across the entire price spectrum. Though realistically, instead of the Cryorig M9i, it should be the h7, but the price isn't reporting right on PCPP for some reason.

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/cryorig-cpu-cooler-m9i,noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14,scythe-cpu-cooler-scfm1000,scythe-cpu-cooler-scmg4000/

All of them are within the 162mm height constraint of the case.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Your lack of Thermalright recommendations vexes me.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are looking for a budget cooler I would go with a Cryorig H7 or M9i with the H7 being slightly better. If you want a "mid range"/high end cooler I would go for a Scythe Fuma.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Other mid range options would be a Phanteks TC12_DX, Zalman 9900MAX or Cryorig H5

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

There isn't a consumer processor out there that is too hot for air coolers. Liquid cooling is an option rather than a necessity.

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

Cough, 9590 cough.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, it's usually an option rather than a necessity.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Theres some good recommendations for air coolers but I built my rig using a Corsair H100i GTX for some simple reasons.

Personally, I find the loks of the liquid AIO cooler to be much more aestethically pleasing to look at from the window on the side of the case.

Also, the AIO cooler required much less space (aside from the tubing) making it much easier for me to install everything with my big hands.

I dont think an air cooler wouldve been a good idea for me as a result.

If you want AIO cooler suggestions, I would suggest the H110i GTX/H115 from Corsair or the really solid X61 from NZXT.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube