add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ATX Case at or below 45cm/17.7" lengthwise.

Catharist

74 months ago

That would make it be able to fit in the cubby hole for my desk very nicely. I want if I can a Standard ATX, though it seems I might have to suck it up with a uATX build, I'm just worried about SLI'ing in a uATX build with airflow and temps being what they are.

The uATX case that fits my specs is the Corsiar 350D, but I can't find any ATX case that seems reliable that is about that size lengthwise. Height and Width I fit most standard ATX Mid-Tower cases.

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

How about the Antec VSK-4000? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-case-vsk4000

I don't think there should be any problems in SLI'ing in mATX - as long as you design your airflow correctly. Your main challenge is probably the cubby hole in your desk - is there any form of ventilation out the back of it? If not, is it possible to make a hole somehow for the hot air to escape? The problem with cubby holes is that the hot air gets trapped inside, and so your system won't be able to properly get rid of the heat, and thus will just slowly increase in temps.

If you can make a hole in the back of your desk, you could pass cool air fthrough the fron of the case, and dump hot air out the back. With a decent airflow, SLI shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you get some nice fans to pull that air through your system :-)

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

you might as well go with mtax because even if you do find a case the same size but in atx form factor you are still going to have the airflow issue.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube