add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 builder version

Meslas
  • 48 months ago

Can anybody tell me what would be the difference between this two versions of windows?

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit System Builder OEM, PC Disc

and

Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Thanks!

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

NEVER BUY AN OEM VERSION OF WINDOWS. I made this mistake myself, you cannot replace the motherboard without paying for another license. Bite the bullet and pay the 30 dollars more, it'll make you're life easier later when you want to move to a new architecture. http://pcpartpicker.com/product/wskwrH/microsoft-os-kw900016

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

What is OEM?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Original Equipment Manufacturer.

You can basically buy this version at a cheaper price. The down side is the license is tied to the motherboard you install it on. I believe Microsoft won't help you with any issues you may have with this version, you'll have to go to the manufacturer.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

... what would be the difference between this two versions of windows?

Same product.
Both are OEM with same part number, packaging, limitations...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube