add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$60-100 - Sexy Cases

BodaciousBuddha

42 months ago

Which 'gamer cases' (windowed, cool, sleek, whatever) would you recommend?

I've looked at and set a bunch of 'favorites' for cases below <$60, but beyond that I don't know which ones have the greatest appeal per $60, $70, ..., $100 and up.

Thanks for helping. If ya need more info, ask away.

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Its hard to really put a note on case's looks since it grealy vary from person to person.

That being said, some of the better ones are these

• Phanteks P400/P400S
  • NZXT Phantom 240
  • NZXT S340
  • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX (for smaller PCs)
  • Thermaltake Versa H35
  • Zalman ZM-Z9 NEO
  • Fractal Design Define S/Nano S
  • Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
  • Corsair SPEC-ALPHA (several color schemes)
  • Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic
  • Corsair Graphite Series 230T
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome. Plenty to research! :D

Let's say you wanted to go Big Time on the case (> $100 or $200). Do they all have great functionality (cable management), aesthetics (in general), fans/airflow, and whatever else?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

All of the above have that.

More expensive case doesnt necessarily mean better.

You usually get better materials, sturdier case, bigger fans hubs, more slots ofr optical drive bays and HDD cages.

You get more space for cable management and more.

THat doesn't mean they are the best for you since they usually also mean more space needed.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Are Full Towers usually purchased because of their extra space? Or do people like having such a huge (throwback) tower?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Full towers will feature more PCI slots spacing allowing for multi GPU set up, more space for airflow, more space for HDD/SSD and optical bays.

For a building with a single or maybe 2 GPUs, in most cases, a full tower isn't really needed.

Something like an R5 from Fractal Design or an H440 from NZXT are just as good for a set up with a single GPU.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought my full tower for looks and function (Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White).

I slightly regret it because it is quite huge, but the size difference between most Full and Mid isn't that drastic.

But it looks amazing, I have the Hue+ LED system in it and was able to put 6 fans in it so its super cool and a great build.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Zalman Z9 NEO is a recent and less-known one.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Ooo. That Z9 looks great for the price. I even dig their Z9 U3.

Any other cases come to mind? :)

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

DIYPC D480-BK-Window, Thermaltake Versa H34, Supermicro S5, VIVO Titan, and Deepcool DUKASE.

Just some less popular cases that not many know about.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool. I tend to like the less popular. Thanks, man.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The Inwin 303 just came out right at the edge of your budget and features a tempered glass side panel. If I were building a rig right now I'd probably be buying it.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube