add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

520W PSU for gaming (+streaming) PC

umeeeh
  • 46 months ago

Hey guys,

so I just started buying parts for my gaming + streaming PC. I was told that a 520W PSU is not enough for this build but I have already got the PSU now... What do you guys think?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/WwPVYr

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your response! I do not plan on overclocking anytime soon.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I was told that a 520W PSU is not enough for this build

Probably doesnt even know what he is talking about.. You can even tell him that.

It might not be good enough if you overclock.

On the contrary... You can overclock everything you have in your build to the max and you still have headroom left and that is a very good psu.

so I just started buying parts for my gaming + streaming PC.

AMD RX480 is going to be released june 29. It cost 200 bucks and performs between GTX 970 and GTX 980 and is also more efficient at 150watts tdp. SO i would advise you to wait as you will get a cheaper and better performing gpu.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, thank you :) the AMD RX480 sounds good. I'll either wait for that gpu to be released or I'll wait for the GTX prices to drop since the 1070 and 1080 were released not too long ago.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube