add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer for a trucker

Ikemi

42 months ago

I am currently building a computer for my friend who is a trucker. I've got most the hardware figured out I just need to find a case. It's has to be small and tough and the ability to mount the mother board horizontally.

So far I've found the Xigmatek Aquila http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=218&type=specification

I'm looking for other cases that would fit though, for the best option for her. Any ideas?

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

This is one of the smallest mini-itx cases you can get, but it has very specific requirements.

This is a bit more friendly, though the psu isnt very trustworthy. (Seasonic makes a psu that is cheap and would make a good replacement)

Although, both of these assume you dont need a graphics card or anything like that, a parts list would be helpful.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

They look a bit flimsy, this thing has to be built tough. It's going to be in a truck most of the time, also she prefers mATX form factor.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

They are small enough to be put just about anywhere though, so it can be placed out of harm's way. It couldn't hurt to ask about an uber small case.

I'll look around for a good matx case though.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

What does the rest of the build look like exactly? There are lots of HTPC cases that could fit the bill.

But no consumer cases come with much in terms of hardening; unless you're willing to build a custom case out of steel plating, you'll need to tell your friend to make sure to handle it with care.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube