add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So, where can I buy a Windows 7 key?

SirKaffee
  • 47 months ago

I'm asking this because I'm going to be buying the parts for my PC relatively soon (perhaps within the next month or two) and I'd rather not have to pay the full price for Windows 10 as I'm sure using a Windows 7 key to activate Windows 10 would be cheaper or even activating Windows 7 and upgrading to Windows 10 would be cheaper. That is, assuming I can receive the parts before July 29th. And even then, I'd be fine with using Windows 7 for now and upgrading in the future if it's necessary.

However, obviously, Windows 7 is no longer being sold on the Microsoft site, only Windows 10 as far as I'm aware. I've been trying to find retail keys for Windows 7, but they're either only OEM's or keys from shady sites.

So, where can I buy a Windows 7 key?

On a side note: I've heard that you can use Windows 10 without activating it. Would that be a suitable alternative? I've heard that it eventually has watermarks popping up and messages reminding you to buy a key after 30 days or that this happens in two days. I've also heard that after the 30 day or 2 day time frame, Windows automatically restarts your computer every hour. Is any of this true? Has anyone used Windows 10 like this and can confirm or deny any of these things?

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

No need to mention them by name. They have been removed from your topic.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

... retail keys for Windows 7 ... So, where can I buy ...

Unless it is a misplaced stock at a store that has been recently found, you won't.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube