add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT H440 or InWin 805

Gbuddai

41 months ago

As the title suggests I'm trying to get a case to match an upgrade that I'm doing to my system. Ignore the storage, PSU and the GTX 950 (I'm using those with my current system to set my dad up with my old machine):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor Purchased For $0.00
CPU Cooler Deepcool CAPTAIN 240 WHITE 182.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $99.99 @ Amazon
Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste $4.75 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Asus Z170-PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $179.99 @ Micro Center
Storage Sandisk Z400s 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $69.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Other Antec VP 450W Power Supply Purchased For $43.79
Other EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 $679.99
Other VENGEANCE® LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit - White LED (CMU16GX4M2C3200C16) $94.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1243.47
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-27 07:41 EDT-0400

So basically I'm going with a white and black theme and because of that I like the clean white and black look the H440 has, but the 805 is so clean looking with it's tempered glass and I have enough white components that the theme would not be lost in an all black case.

If anyone has any suggestions as to which case I should go with to really make this build shine it'd be much appreciated!

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

the InWin 303 is a good choice that doesn't cost too much. comes in a white version too. don't get AS5. MX-4 is a better TIM.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

cost isn't something I care about as much and idk why but I'm just not a fan of the horizontal fan/radiator mount of the 303. I love the case but that is really the only thing pushing me towards the 805 instead. I'll be sure to get the MX-4 though, TIM's are like the only computer "part" that I really know nothing about comparison wise, everything else I have at least some understanding :D

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I see. I'd say the 805 or the Evolv ATX Tempered Glass. the 805 has a usb type c so that's nice. the Evolv has more room and much more fan/radiator mounting capacity. both cases come on all black. or you could wait on this version of the 805.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I was looking into the Evolv ATX Tempered Glass, it's a very slick looking case (and it comes in white silver!) I just don't know how I feel about the front look. I like the 805 Infinity in concept but not really in practice, not my cup of tea I guess? It's cool and could go into a great build, just not what I have in mind. I might do some more digging into that Phanteks case though!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube