add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EKWB Predator 240mm performance?

KrumpetPirate

43 months ago

Does anyone have any experience with the EKWB Predator 240 w/QDC? It would be nice to easily upgrade my system with water cooling on both my CPU and GPU whenever I actually get a GPU with a compatible water block (i.e. not one with a custom PCB GigaByte!) and if you buy a block from EKWB, they offer a pre-fill service with a QDC attached for only $30.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

It's the best "AIO" on the market IMO, go for it. If you can fit the 360mm, I would recommend that for a gpu and cpu system (although 240mm should still be sufficient for a lower power Pascal/Polaris card and a Skylake CPU). From what I have seen, it doesn't have much better cooling performance than a traditional AIO (both are easily enough to cool a cpu), but it is much, much quieter, and is made from higher quality components, and of course can expand. When you buy the predator, you also buy into the EK ecosystem, which I expect to grow bigger in the future (maybe radiators with QDC's, maybe even reservoirs, who knows.)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm thanks for the input. I cannot fit the 360 in my case (mATX build in a Node 804) but I can fit a 280 so a 240 is the maximum available size. I'll have to consider my options carefully

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube