add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Liquid Cooling Tip -- Run your rad fans in pull!

FrankV01

43 months ago

Video is below -- this is Linus Tech Tips.

TL;DR: The difference between push and pull are within the margin of error on the difference. And in a pull configuration the radiator is much easier to clean.

See the video for details!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyC3lZ5WFMk

--

On another note, I wish I knew this when I did my build. I just re-set up my radiator and don't want to move them...

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

You know if the air you have in the system is already filtered on all intakes and all cleared up, it doesn't matter whatever config you have your fans. The reason why those are so gross is because they were outside of a case, on the ground where dusty air is present.

Also push or pull, doesn't give any performance gains between the two. They are pretty much the same in almost all regards, to the point to where it matters more about aesthetics

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Regarding your first point, it's true that his was on the ground and outside the case but I've seen dust accumulate on my video card and CPU heat-sink (last build) and I had filter screens on the intakes of the case. It's relevant to also note that my computer sits on my desk at all time -- never the floor. Bottom line is to one degree or another, dust will accumulate. It may take years but it'll happen and it is easier to clean in the proposed way. (Never do I say it's required or "better" though. Just makes things easier.)

The second point was acknowledged in the original post.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube