add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case fans for Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Maxxoz

41 months ago

In the near future I will be building a pc with a Phanteks Enthoo Pro. I think that it's a great case but it only comes with 2 fans. This should be enough but my paranoid-me screams that 3 fans are good (better airflow, cooler, etc.)

I am looking for a 140mm top case fan at a budget for under/around $20. I don't need RGB lighting or lighting at all, and there is no exact color (so Noctua fans are allowed). However, if there is a choice go with the one that is black/white.

I will not be overclocking my i5 6500, where I will overclock my RX 480. The PSU for this build is the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W/Corsair RM650i.

Thanks in advance,

Maxxoz

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 3 points

the 140 mm fan that comes in the case is very good. good airflow, noise level, and they aren't very expensive to buy. Phanteks 140SP.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Should I get those over the GP12 you told me?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

no. your InWin 303 doesn't support 140 mm fans at all :). I don't even kow if the phanteks 120 mm fans are better than the GP12 for airflow, but they cost alot more over there so nah.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

okay :D

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I have heard that SP stands for Static Pressure. What is that? And what are the differences from Air Flow (AF) fans? Also, in one NCIX tech tips video I heard they talked about positive/negative air flow and SP and AF. What is this all?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

this is a naming that mainly applies to corsair fans as they simplified there fans into these categories. static pressure the amount of airflow the fan can push against resistance. like a dense dust filter, a radiator, a heatsink, a really close solid case panel (typically fans needs a minimum of 30 mm open space to generate enough suction to move air, some fans can do it with less. "air flow", of cfm, is the raw amount of air volume the fans can move per minute with no restrictions.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

That clarifies things somewhat. Thanks!

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

But I still know nothing about fans. I have been watching a few videos and read some forum posts (a few where you commented on!), and now I know even less. I don't get this all, intake/exhaust and what is best, whether 3 fans are fine or not, what RPM they need to be running, etc.

I may know basic stuff about other hardware stuff but in case fans I'm a total noob. Can you please help me? My budget is about 1 extra fan, maybe 1 other cheap one?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

honestly the included case fans are fine. if you want a bottom intake or an extra exhaust at the top that's fine, but it's really unnecessary with your build.

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

These can't be beat: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case-fan/#s=140&m=337,436,99&sort=a9&page=1&p=1

The Noctua redux fans are great and don't have that same color scheme that everyone knows and "loves"

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, thanks!

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

PureBlackFire recommended me the Phanteks SP140, the type of fans that come with the case. What about them, do they beat the Noctua Redux?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

the 140 SP is about at par with the 1500 rpm Redux. it beats out the 1200 rpm Redux, though there are better Noctua fans.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to know. What about the Noctua A14? It does have the Noctua colour scheme, but I don't care. Are they better than the 140SP

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

I can't find many direct comparisons, but phanteks fans perform quite well vs Noctua A14 and A15's: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1345-page7.html

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/phenteks_f140/3.htm

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

That's good to know, I'm probably going to go with a Phanteks fan since they are good and fit with the other fans! And is it more wise to go with a bottom-intake (I will put my pc on my desk), or a top-exhaust?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube