add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Dwingle
  • 45 months ago

What power supply should I get for my build I am currently purchasing? http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JcQNNN

I would ideally like to spend under £60(GBP) and semi-modular would be great

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 3 points

the best psu for 60 pound or less is the Antec TPC 550, the best semi-modular is probably the corsair CSM450. though I'd make some other changes.

• I'd go Phanteks P400 over the S340, even a few pounds less
  • the Cryorig H5 universal is a much better cooler than the 212 EVO and is 29 pounds, the be quiet pure rock is a quieter cooler that matches the 212 evo and is cheaper, suggest one of those easily
  • mostly I suggest not getting an aftermarket cooler and getting a better motherboard, motherboard is platform and a cpu cooler isn't necessary for this build

• http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/q2mvVY

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, what motherboard would you recommend?

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you

• 45 months ago
  • -2 points

How about the FSP Group AURUM 92+ 450W 80+ Platinum Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply? My filters were 450-500 watts, semi-modular, and 80+ Titanium or 80+ Platinum certified.

P.S. You should replace your Kingston memory with something else.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

You should replace your Kingston memory with something else.

Why? The ram is fine.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

He is mad about the whole Kingston and PNY bait and switch thing.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Had a feeling that would be it, just wanted to double check.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thank you, what should I replace the memory with?

• 45 months ago
  • 0 points

You can use several filters on the left to narrow down your choices. How about the G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory?

I don't care if a particular product is not affected, I just want to boycott greedy companies and their propaganda.

• 45 months ago
  • 4 points

If you want to boycott another company, that's fine. But there's no need to carry it as a banner everywhere the products are mentioned in the forums. Let people decide for themselves.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

I just want to boycott greedy companies and their propaganda.

Better not buy any PC parts then.

[comment deleted]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

There is Intel and Nvidia, both have done questionable things in the name of money. There is also Asus and iirc MSI that have shipped their cards to reviews with higher than normal clock speeds. Also I am wanting to say there was a PSU manufacturer that sent out cherry picked units to reviewers before.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

okay lol, thank you :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube