add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

nzxt noctis 450 PWM hub

UAEmirates

41 months ago

I have nzxt noctis 450 case my motherboard is maximus viii formula. the case come with PWM hub I set my cables as showing in the link

http://imgur.com/iMCNWBX

all fans are working fine but In the BIOS or AI Suite 3 software I only see the CPU rpm !! what about the other fans why they are not showing ?

also in the BIOS do I set the fans to DC or PWM ?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The way pwm fan hub works is that the header sends the signal to fan1 on hub reason why its a good idea to use the cpu fan on fan 1 just in case it fails you are protected.

All the other fans get the same signal but to the motherboard it is just one fan. MOtherboard would go crazy if all fans would send different rpm signals to just one fan. Its the same with 2 PWM splitter, if you check only one would have the fourth pin for signal, the other would receive the same signal.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

He could also chose not to plug it to the motherboard and use the pre-installed 3 speed fan controller on the case.

That is what I did on my Phantom 530 if I recall.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube