add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

INWIN 303 CPU cooler Clearance

marckoo23

41 months ago

Hi Everyone. I'm building my first PC soon and I've chosen the InWin 303 (lovely case) as my case for my build. Does anyone know if I could fit a noctua nh-d15 in this case? The spec sheet says that max cpu cooler height is 160mm but in Dmitri's (Hardwarecunucks) review he fit a dark rock pro 3 which is 163mm tall. Please help me. THanks

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

Hey man, I just measured my 303, you get about 174mm of clearence between the mobo tray and the glass. Subtracting the thickness of the mobo (1.5mm) and the standoffs (7mm), you get 165.5mm of space MAX. It's going to be a tight squeeze for sure, but I think you'll be able to pull it off. What mobo do you have?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm planning to get an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger z170 MOBO. DO you think it will fit?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, should be fine man!

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for helping man. Appreciate it. I'll do more research though just in case. BTW what cpu cooler do you have on your system?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm water cooling it man, so I can't really say for clearance... On the owners club at Overclock.net, it looks like a D15 barely fit, and the door doesn't close completely. I'd suggest considering another cooler mate

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Alrighty. Thanks for the help guys

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

InWin 303 (lovely case)

Agreed, my friend just picked one up.

Typically the spec sheet can vary based on flex and motherboards, but your best bet is to go under that.

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you actually seen one in person, and tried it? I agree it has it's faults, but comparing mine to my Define S, the 303 blows it away in terms of quality, the tempered glass is way better than the acrylic, and it is pretty much all steel, apart from the feet.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I was talking about cpu cooler....

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh crap, my bad man. Sorry, I misread the comment. Didn't mean to come off as hostile or anything

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

No no, its all good.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

What other air cooler would you suggest that is as good and quiet as NH-D15?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube