add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best air cooler and AIO cooler for overclocking i5 6600k

Dtm209

35 months ago

Water cooling. I don't know what is better the nzxt cooler or the corsair

Air cooling, h5 ultimate

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

the H5 ultimate will do well but best aircooler is the Noctua NH-D15 i believe.

Good Aio coolers are Corsair H115i, NZXT Kraken X61 they perform around the same. One of the best Aio cooler is the Predator from EK: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/aio/predator

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Swiftech and EKWB AIOs are the top performers, but also carry higher price tags than other brands.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

The best HSF is arguably the Sychte Fuma, it gets D15 performance or better for $55 so it has unbeatable bang for your buck. For the best AIO cooler that would be the EK predator 360 at $239.The best 280MM AIO would be the Corsair H115i at ~$120. For which one to get it all depends on your budget, case, how high you want to overclock, and if looks are important to you.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I overclocked my 6600K at 4.3Ghz using an H100i GTX from Corsair and it stands around low 30s-high 20s on idle and reaches low to mid 40s during long extended gaming sessions.

Installing the Corsair Link software removed completely the biggest concern people have about it, the fans being noisy.

• 35 months ago
  • 0 points

For air, just get a Hyper 212 Evo (or the revised 212X) and get a different fan if you don't like the looks (the stock fan is great tho).

For AIO, Corsair H100i V2, or a Cooler Master cooler like the Nepton 240M (look on amazon, other sites may not have it due to it not being available in the USA. Not expensive tho).

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Hyper 212 beaten hands down by the CryOrig H7, every time.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube