add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cooling an i5 6600k in canada

Elendel19

43 months ago

Looking for a good air cooler for an i5 6600k, preferably one that doesn't cost $100.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/

Everyone jumps to cryorig h7, but cryorig doesn't exist in Canada of course. Would love some recommendations. I don't plan to do anything crazy with the OC, my computer room gets hot enough already in the summer with my 7 year old PC. I can't afford to create anymore heat than is necessary or I will literally die.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

I recommend the Scythe Fuma. It's 60 bucks and has been shown to match and in some cases even beat the NHD15 and/or NHD15S.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

You could get a Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or the Noctua NH-U9S.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I like the look of that phanteks better than the dark rock and it's a bit cheaper.

The 6600k doesn't come with any stock cooler does it? So even if I'm not going to OC for a while I still need to add this fan right away correct?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Correct.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

There's already been some good suggestions for coolers, but I wanted to mention that regular consumer cooling solutions are only for moving the heat out of your components, and no matter what you use you will be pushing that heat outside the case into your room. Perhaps reduce your budget by a bit to get a window AC!

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, basic conservation of energy :p

I meant that I won't be going for a huge OC because that would create more heat.

Unfortunately my home has push out windows rather than sliders so the small window units won't work, otherwise I would already have one. Maybe I should get some sort of liquid nitrogen cooler for my PC? Lol

• 43 months ago
  • 0 points

I'd like to suggest you consider the h60 but you called out that you want an air cooler. I really liked the Cooler Master EVO. There are several designs. I'm confident any of them would work.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Lines/cpu-air-cooler/

I think the V series looks badass but the EVO series is more practical.

The Noctua is also highly suggested but I have no expierence with them.

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

The H60 is pretty crap price to performance. The V series is also pretty crap price to performance. You can ask anyone or look at benchmarks, it's just not all that good.

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Dark rock 3 is what I have selected currently, it's 90 so less than that if anything of quality exists.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Scythe FUMA.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

No price info for me so either sold out or not available here as well

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm, that's weird. If you can get it on Amazon, buy it.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. Amazon.ca has a lot less stuff than .com >.<

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube