add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Only 3 standoff screws with case?

InfernoTacticsHD

41 months ago

Hi guys, my case (Thermaltake Versa H25) came with 3 standoff screws but my motherboard definitely needs more than that. I'm just a bit concerned how I'm meant to go about installing the motherboard.

Motherboard: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/z3rG3C/gigabyte-motherboard-ga970ads3p

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

There's usually a small cardboard box or plastic bag that has more standoffs that you can install. If not, call Thermaltake support and they should send you some.

If it comes down to it, you can RMA the whole case.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

There are a load of humps/hills where the motherboard is placed. Are those non-conductive and do they act as standoffs?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

How tall are they? If you can lay the motherboard on the existing standoffs and those "hills" are tall enough to keep the board level, then those are built-in standoffs.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it looks like they're the same height as the standoffs

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube