add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Custom wooden case

Henson.conor

74 months ago

I would like to make a new wooden case for my computer but the thing is im not the best at 3D software. I have made many 2d drawings of my idea but I would like to see what it would look like 3d so does anyone know of a 3d software program that is free and very easy to figure out?

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

I would suggest Blender, but it does have a little bit of a learning curve.

If you are in a rush, and want a quick output, then SketchUp might be an easier option.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks where can i download blender and are there any tuts on how to use it? and also is there a way to see how parts will fit in the cases in the program

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

For tutorials, I would look on YouTube and Google, nothing that I can directly recommend.

Also, I now feel that SketchUp would fit your needs. You can import images easily, and have it all modeled to a real scale.

http://www.sketchup.com/download

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

alright thank for the help

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

Any way we'd get to see a final design? I'm interested in seeing how a custom wooden computer case, that isnt a TARDIS, would look like.

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

yea sure but the whole thing would not be done for a while. I could take pics while making it if that is something that is requested.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube