add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan layout in Corsair 750D - Probable Negative Pressure

FrankV01

41 months ago

I'm looking for suggestions on fan layout for my build. The case is a Corsair 750D and I'm using an h100i v2 which is a 240mm radiator.

My current fan configuration is the following and I'm using the fans that came with the 750D (3 fans) and the h100i v2 (2 fans); I don't feel I'll need to replace all of these to solve this issue. I know they are not the best fans but they should all do the job adequately:

Intake

• 2x fans on front

Exhaust

• 2x on radiator mounted at back-top.
  • 1x on back

I think this is creating a vacuum (negative pressure) and my airflow is not as efficent as it could be.

I'm looking for suggestion and I have two principle ideas right now. Add more if needed.

Move the 1x exhaust to become an intake on the bottom-front of the case.

or

Add another fan (like Corsair AF120) to use as another intake on the bottom-front

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm using an h100i v2 which is a 280mm radiator.

the H100i V2 is a 240 radiator, not that it matters though.

I think this is creating a vacuum (negative pressure) and my airflow is not as efficent as it could be.

what makes you say that? have you measured this somehow in your system? those diagrams leave a whole lot of relevant factors out of the picture. I personally doubt that in a case with two 140 mm intakes you are having more exhaust than intake because the density of the radiator and the fact that those high static pressure 120 mm fans on the cooler don't move as much cfm as the 140 mm intakes anyway would reasonably suggest the opposite. though the case has a very restrictive front intake too. one thing you can do is buy a bottom intake fan or two, but the case has no bottom dust filter so it can get dirty inside fast, I own a 750D too and mine got some dust build up without even using bottom intake fans. the airflow kit would help with increasing intake to exhaust ratio.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant to correct the radiator size during editing and forgot. THanks.

what makes you say that?

Simply put, I don't feel much air coming out of any of the exhaust points.

though the case has a very restrictive front intake too.

This crossed my mind too. I could move one of the front intakes to be a bitton intake...

Thanks for the airflow kit; I didn't know that was available and that seems like a reasonable addition for $15....

I'm not too concerned about dust as my computer sits on my desk...

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I say get the airflow kit, get a pair of 120 mm fans for the bottom intake. the airflow kit alone should make a difference. remove the front panel and see if you can feel the difference in front to back airflow.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Before I do anything, I will try to run the computer without the front panel. Thanks for the idea/insight.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

How about setting the case's back fan and top as intakes and setting the front fans as exhausts?

Not only should this make a good flow but the heat of the GPU will be expulsed out of the front thus not going up over your CPU and RAM before being expulsed.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube