add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is having a plastic side panel worth it?

Guitarsoundstar

74 months ago

Hi,

I was planning to to build a budget hackintosh (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Guitarsoundstar/saved/2MAa) I am on a £500 budget and planning to buy a case and psu on eBay. It it worth paying the extra £30 for the side panel. I want to know if the looks mean a lot to you?

I'm suck between budget and looks :S help!!!

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

It depends where you case will be. If it's, like me, stuck under a desk, the side window serves absolutely no purpose. If you are able to run a super clean setup with great cable management and parts that hopefully match, then having a window is great, but if your case will be super messy and sport mismatched parts, then keep things hidden!

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Great :) thanks! :) now I'm just wondering where to put it. I think it's a shame having my first build hidden away, I think I'll go with a side window if I fined one for the right price :) ill upload pics once its built after Xmas :)

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Good luck, and as I stated before, cable management is key to having a good-looking build that you'll want to display. That and some LED fans or LED lighting inside so we can actually see something. :-)

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

If it is a budget case it will already be thin aluminum and can effect the structural integrity more likely for bends breaks and snaps. And to be honest I did not look at your link so I do not know the case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube