add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Help Deciding Between 2 Cases

R00Ki3

41 months ago

Hi everyone,

Just a rookie with a just starting out understanding of PC building looking for help. I'm absolutely torn between two different cases.

1. The Corsair Air 540 Or 2. The NZXT Phantom 410 White/Blue.

It seems to me that both have their merits and positive reviews, so I can't really use that to decide. I love the Phantom's blue streak, but that's easily something I can give the Air via LED fans and some spray paint so the color is kind of a moot point. The Phantom looks like it would be easier to build in, but this is my first attempt at a build, so I have zero clue as to whether or not that's actually true. I had over-budgeted on the case when I started saving up, so affording either isn't an issue at all. It is however true that I could use the savings from the NZXT to step up a grade on a part or two.

The intention of this PC is to be an air-cooled light gaming machine that does not overclock. It will run a single discrete graphics card. The worst it will ever do graphics wise is run Skyrim as high as I can go without totally breaking the bank and some lower end PS4 ports from Steam. It will be used to watch movies in 1080p pretty often though via services like Crunchyroll. I also tend to multi-task.

Overall, does anyone have an opinion on which is better? Why so?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd recommend the Air 540. It has better airflow than the Phantom, and cable management is much easier thanks to the large secondary chamber behind the motherboard tray.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a good point. I just watched some videos on the 540 to get a better grasp on the cable management end and it definitely looks a lot more user-friendly back there. Seeing as it's kind of hot where I live, optimizing airflow is a top priority so that's definitely another plus. Alrighty then. The Air 540 it is! Thank you. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube