add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dark Rock Pro 3 VS Corsair H115i?

Akermay

42 months ago

I have been trying to decide on a CPU cooler and can't make my mind up. My primary choice has been a Dark Rock Pro 3, looks awesome and is meant to be super quiet.

However, it seems everyone and their mother who builds a PC is using a Corsair H series water cooler. I've read they can be absurdly loud though.

Any thoughts and tips would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 3 points

I had a Dark Rock Pro 3 in my Sandy Bridge build.

I have a h110i v2 in my Skylake build.

Srsly, I want my DRP 3 back... but after hearing my mother say how much she loves her new PC and especially how fast and quiet it is, I have to stick to the h110i v2...

It was a test, but I wouldn't buy this AiO-cooler again.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the H100i GTX and totally agree, would not buy it again. Currently investigating the Cryorig R1 Ultimate.

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

Dark Rock Pro 3 is awesome and for most the part it runs extremely silent and looks pretty great. Temps of course are also awesome.

Most people just go AIO for their own reasons, they believe it looks nicer, less ram compatibility issues, and in some cases can provide slighl better temps, though not anything meaningful.

Dark Rock Pro 3 is an awesome option. If you like it go for it. Only crappy thing about it is the worlds worst mounting system. But you only out the cooler on a handful of times. Wish they did copy noctuas design in that regard.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you seen the Evo's mounting? That's worse.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, amusingly never used the evo lol. But if it's worse the dark rocks mounting system, I cry for anyone who buys it lol

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd look at the Scythe FUMA myself.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Check some of the tests the DRP3 is a great looking air cooler but it is usually a few degrees behind the Noctura 15 and Phanteks TC14PE. As to mounting check youtube, most reviewers are not following the instructions and are doing it wrong. It's not as clean as Noctura or Phanteks but its not hard either.

The various closed loop coolers do look better IMO and there is usually no issue with RAM clearance or case clearance so just factor that in whatever you decide. With those great looks and good cooling (once you get to 240mm) comes additional maintenance and complexity.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube