add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Suggestions for PSU, I can haz function + aesthetics?

IrishCurls
  • 45 months ago
  • This is my build:

• http://pcpartpicker.com/list/CyDnnn

• I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a 500W+ PSU.

• I was hoping to keep the theme of my build and get blue LED reactive cables! If not blue, I'd prefer black wrapped.

• Thank you!

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Well for function aestethics and high quality, there is always the Seasonic Snow Silent series which is a top of the line PSU if you can afford it.

If you want a good reliable PSU and some better looking cables, another idea is to go with a fully modular PSU like an EVAG G2 550W and getting some custom cables from Cablemod. You should also be able to find cables for the PSU from major retailers like NCIX or NEWEGG.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your budget? Also what is that build for? You really would have to be insane to pay that much for a GTX 960 right now since the RX 480 murders it for the same price.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Budget for the PSU would be under $200. I put together a different build, but (surprisingly!) my boyfriend put this one together & bought it for my birthday - so apparently he's insane? I'm using it primarily for photo/video editing and very light gaming.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

It's just that there is a new series of graphics cards coming out this month that has a card that will perform better than a GTX 960 for the same price, and another card that in all likelihood will be just as good for less.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube