add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal Define R5

bloxboss

41 months ago

I'm putting $1500 worth of parts into this case and I am curious if this was a solid choice and will last for years to come. Thanks!

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a great case, google for reviews and see for yourself :D

From memory they're all (or all the ones I read anyway) highly rated and usually recommended to some degree.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Solidly built, keeps everything cool with three fans, cable management is great, Fractal Design isn't stingy with the fasteners, and the instructions are all very detailed and clear. It's a joy to work with.

Edit to add: I see a lot of people looking for advice on fan setups, so you might find this article on various fan setups helpful if you do decide to go with the R5. They used an R3 in their testing, but the setup is pretty similar.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube