add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EK Predator 240 or H115i ON FRONT AS INTAKE

F22

42 months ago

Hi,

Anyone here with EK Predator 240 or Corsair H115i mounted on front with fans configured as intake? I'm building a new system and I want to get the best possible positive static pressure and good temps solution.

So, my options are :

• EK Predator 240 or Corsair H115i on front as intake, rear fan as exhaust, top two fans as intake?
  • EK Predator 240 or Corsair H115i on front as intake, rear fan as intake, top two fans as exhaust?

CPU: 6700K Case: Phanteks Evolv ATX Glass

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

This is just my opinion.... I wouldnt consider the predator 240, the H115i outperforms the predator 240 by 3-4 degrees but at the same time it is louder, while at quiet mode (corsair) both coolers perform about the same. Youre paying a premium for the predator which only has a 2 year warranty while the corsair has 5.

The advantage of the predator is it's expandable and will let you add more items to the loop and a 240mm wouldnt be the best option if you want to add the GPU. The Predator 360 would make more sense and it fits in the case.

Now have you consider the H240X2 Prestige or non prestige. The Prestige is more expensive than the Non-prestige because of the amazing eloop fans which both will cost around 50 or more.

http://www.swiftech.com/h240x2.aspx

http://www.swiftech.com/h240x2prestige.aspx

You can do front as intake and top and rear as exhaust, the rad will be intaking warm air to the case.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for reply!

I'm just afraid of Corsair and other Asetek units, heard many bad thing about their pumps and leaks... I will have a pretty expensive system and I would be super mad if any of those AIO leak on my components... Because of all that I've taken EKWB Predator 240 into account, premium quality parts from a company that only makes liquid cooling components. Swiftech is out of stock here in Europe and besides that I've heard a numerous reports of leaking with their new units H240 X2 Prestige....

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair unit has a 5 years warranty and honestly IMO corsair has one of the best warranties, if anything should happen they will respond.

EKWB predator had many issues with their first predator 240 and they had to exchange and pay for many repairs so with AIO you will always have that risk. If you are not willing to take it then go with air.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok but as far as I know EKWB released fixed version 1.1 of Predator 240.

I'm more worried about those GPU temps when AIO rad is placed on front as intake and for positive air pressure I must keep more intake than exhaust...

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Remember you can also fit the radiator on top exhausting.. It wouldnt be an issue with this case because of the offset it has on top.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah , I know but it will not look so clean :) It's covering top of mobo and nearly half of RAM.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube