add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where to install radiator

TheAcornBender

42 months ago

So I'm going to have a 280mm radiator on my build (h115i) and I'm not sure what the best configuration is. I'd like it to go at the front as I think it looks better but will having a radiator there block intake and cooling performance or would I be best off having it at the top, and if I did would I have it intaking air or exhausting it?

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

have it in the front is no problem a lot of people do that when they have two radiators. if you do put it in the front the two recommendations i have would to have it as an intake and make sure that your fans are high static pressure to be able to force air though the radiator.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The front as intake is objectively better since then the coolest air available will be cooling it. However, that is often not practical and you'll notice in completed builds here most people have them mounted at the top with air exiting the case through the radiator. This is how my system is configured.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube