add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Product Key for upgrade only

graftn
  • 47 months ago

So what happened was my friend lent me his Windows 7 Home Premium disc and I created an iso from that and installed it. Later I bought my own copy of Win 7 from ebay (apparent authorized reseller). Got the box, tried the code, and it gave me an error stating that the key was for upgrades only. I tried creating an iso out of my disc to install windows from again, but I cant seem to get the pc to recognize the flashdrives. Before it wouldn't recognize the flash drives either, but i found a windows 7 usb tool that i installed on the flashdrive with the iso on it and it worked just fine. Now that wont even work. Not sure what to do next. The key I have is valid.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

You should try to return the fraudulent license to the seller if possible. Don't purchase Windows keys or licenses of eBay because they're most likely to be illegitimate, even if they claim to be some sort of "Authorized Reseller" kind of thing.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

its not just a key. its a box. with the discs and everything like at retail

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Packaging still factory sealed and in new condition?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube