add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cooler master master case pro 5 fan setup

TheAcornBender

41 months ago

So I'm going to get the cooler master master case pro 5, I need a mid tower atx with 5.25 inch bays and this seems the best one. I've stumbled across air pressure importance in cases and I'm now a bit stuck at how I should configure my fans. Positive seems better, and helps to stop dust getting in. Since I will have the drive bays that only gives space for 2 fans for the front. I'll have a 280mm radiator from cpu cooler up top and the fan at the back, only I think I'll struggle to get a positive air pressure. How badly will dust get in with a negative air pressure? And is there a way to have just 2 intake fan but 3 exhaust and positive pressure?

My other option is get a phanteks evolv atx and just run an external dvd drive. With a top 280mm radiator and rear fan as exhaust And having 3 intake fans at the front. Would that help with positive air pressure?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

use 2 140 mm front intake fans. and this case isn't made to hold a 280 rad cooler on top. http://www.coolermaster.com/service/faq/mastercase5/

you'll have only one way to mount it and it will block the use of an optical bay in the top slot (which shouldn't be an issue). with the two front intakes unrestricted and they should bring in air at a higher rate than the exhaust fans remove air. get two high cfm fans like Phanteks 140SP for the front. keep the included rear intake fan.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube