add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What OS do you like/use?

AwesomeBuilderXE1901
  • 47 months ago

Not starting a flame war like ,

oh so and so is overpriced blah blah

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows 10 Pro.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool , never tried windows 10 cause it costs 100 bucks a pop. and I wanted to spend more on gpu and cpu.but win 10 is nice i guess

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows 8

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows 10 pro, upgraded from windows 7 pro

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Whelp, here I go

Windows 10

Sure, there's spying and data mining. Sure, they're really not that forward at saying that is what they are doing. Sure, Windows 10 has it's quirks and some issues, mainly graphical. However, I still love the OS for what it is, and prefer it much over Windows 7 for the, arguably MUCH better material design, and Windows 8 for having the weird and, mostly useless Windows 8 Start screen. I prefer it over OSX because honestly that has too many issues that honestly Apple should've fixed right now to even consider using it, and Linux is, while more "powerful" more of a pain for someone like me who doesn't know the whole alphabet of command prompts, strings, and lines someone could use. And even that, Windows is the most supported OS in pretty much all existence, and nearly any app that you could want will run in Windows one way or another. Sure, it has it's obvious and apparent flaws, but nothing comes clean or perfect.

Jailbroken iOS 7.1.2 & 8.4

While nowdays I could care less about the design for iOS, I used to love it. The vivid, but not oversaturated colours, less photorealisitc images and more "clean and sleek" apps, the blurring on nearly everything, and the simplicity of iOS is what gets me. Sure, I love Andriod. Hell, I had a Asus TF201 running Jellybean, and later on KitKat (4.41 I believe) and I loved that. However, once having a iPad running iOS 7 I loved it. However, still something was bothering me. I craved the customizability that came with Andriod, and after a while, I caved and found a middle ground. Jailbroken iOS 7.1.2, arguably the strongest and most reliable firmware for jailbreaking that was NEVER patched until iOS 8, and iOS 8.4, the jailbreak teams real final hoorah, and broke iOS 8.3, and also 8.4 using the same exploit. I use 8.3 currently for my iPad, and 8.4 for my iPhone. And while for the most part the jailbreaking community has died, and turned into mostly complaints from people "demanding" jailbreaks and in general a salty community, I loved it before, and wish for the glory days to return. Even if Apple has been making strides to implement features that were once in the jailbreak community, it won't be the same from the raw, root access controllability.

Andriod Codename "Lollipop" 5.1 and Beyond

While personally I haven't used any Andriod OS that extensively after KitKat 4.41, Andriod seems to be my new resting ground. Jailbreaking has died, and any jailbreaks are extremely prone to be broken, and in general very unstable at best. The biggest reason why I switched to iOS was for the better design at the time, simply other designs that I knew of at the time looked awful, and I wanted nothing apart of it. The design is clean, and most of what I'd want is in developer settings or straight up launchers and skin packs. I'm excited to get myself a Andriod device once again, and have no worries of things breaking, updating, or doing anything to change the phone as it will brick me out of a better experience that I have set up. Maybe later I'll try iOS once again, but for now, I desire the control from a Andriod OS, and that is what I will be getting. Most likely a Nexus series, whatever is after the 6P

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I do like Linux for its customizing capabilities. If you find it hard , try a simpler distro like ubuntu or mint. These are very beginner focused and have large communities to help you out(myself included). Then , once you get the general idea , move on to more difficult distros such as Arch. I currently use Linux 4.4.0.31 longterm stable on ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Mobile OS'es wise , I use a combo of iOS stock 9.3 on my iPad Mini 1st generation , for some simple games like Clash Royale and 2048, blah blah blah. But my family seems to love android - both my mom and dad like android. My mom uses a Moto X which I have a profile on so I use it sometimes. My dad has a Galaxy S3 , but he's getting a OnePlus Three soon and I'll get the S3. Touchwiz is OK , but I like stock android more.

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh and you're back Geekazoid! I thought you'd left PCPartPicker forever!

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

So you're not leaving PCPP forever? I see that's been removed from your profile.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Software > Operating Systems".

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I like fedora but one things bugs me ... if I suspend or leave the PC for too long it won't wake up which is why I use ubuntu 16.04/cinnamon/unity(both DE's installed)

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

It's fine in my VM but not on my actual hardware. Any Ideas ? There was a bug report and everyhthing filed about it

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Whoa! I use , let's see

• Windows 7 Home Premium/Enterprise (VM enterprise, modern.ie)

• Fedora 23 VM -openSUSE Tumbleweed VM

-Arch Linux VM - Lubuntu 16.04 VM

-Debian "Jessie" VM - Ubuntu 16.04 with Cinnamon DE and Unity DE installed , effectively Ubuntu/Linuxmint

• Xubuntu 16.04 liveboot -Puppy Linux Tahrpup

• openSUSE KDE SUSEStudio built

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube