add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case of Road Trips / Mastercase

YaItsBilly

41 months ago

Looking for a case, well more or less looking for advice, Planning on building a 6800k X99 build, and for the case I'm looking at the Mastercase from Cooler Master, reason why is the handles at the top look helpful when moving, its a mid size tower and has plenty of room for upgrading,( SLI / Extra Drives). I'm not looking for a case to take on a plane but only with me in the car, been reading around, best advice I've seen is remove GPU and put case case is original box and seat belt down. Any other cases like this, handles for moving and something in the mid size, needs to have extra room?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are going to be moving it around a lot, I'd try to go with a smaller form factor build and maybe stick with a single higher end graphics card. Even with a carrying handle, i think that moving that thing around a bunch is going to become a pain. That being said, I've always liked the Bitfenix Survivor. The fold away handle is neat. I just moved and drove 5400 miles with my HTPC in the car with me. It was lightweight, small and made me glad I didn't bring my gaming rig along. I put it in its original packaging and did nothing else special. I booted it when I got to my destination and it was fine. My other 2 PCs, one with 3 way SLI and one with 2 way, were moved by the movers. I didn't remove the graphics cards but I did brace them with rigid foam packing material. And that was it. They were both fine as well. Your components spent their lives being moved around on trucks, shuffled around warehouses and possibly crossing oceans before they came to you. For the most part, they aren't super fragile. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube