add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What liquid cooler should I chose for i7-6800k, that's not being overclocked?

Vertexx

42 months ago

Hey everyone, I'm planning on buying a gaming pc from Ironside from their Iron Series. The cpu that I chose to have was the i7-6800k, but I don't know what to choose for the liquid cooling, the ones they have listed are: Asetek 510LC, Asetek 570LC, Asetek 570LX, Corsair Hydro H60, Corsair Hydro H80i, Corsair H80i GT, Corsair Hydro H100i, and the Corsair H100i GTX. I'm not looking to overclock my processor, so I just want to know which one I should chose. Thanks :)

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go with the cheapest possible for the cooler since you aren't overclocking.

Also I would strongly recommend building your own PC, you could make one that would murder it and/or a lot cheaper, or at least buying a custom build from Cyberpower so you have control over the parts you get and the quality. You are wasting ~$200 with that CPU and that is only the icing on the cake.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking about going with Cyberpower, but I have heard some bad things from Cyberpower. So I've just decided to instead go with Ironside because I've already gotten 2 computers from them and they have been just fine. As for building one, I don't think I'd be able to do it since in the back of my head I feel like I might break something , but I might look into it

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The bad things you heard are most likely about the builds themselves which go for all pre builds since the majority of them cut corners which that Ironside PC also does. With a custom build you control every part selection. Also you will hear bad things about everything, people are likely to remain quiet if happy but if they are unhappy they are going to raise hell about it.

As for building one you have to try to break something/do zero research.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $229.99 @ B&H
CPU Cooler Scythe FUMA 79.0 CFM CPU Cooler $55.49 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $159.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $42.98 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $313.81 @ B&H
Storage Toshiba 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $89.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card $649.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case $157.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $104.99 @ NCIX US
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $92.99 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1898.20
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-23 05:37 EDT-0400

This is just a idea of what you can get building your own. Its very late/early here so its not perfect. It has triple the HDD storage. 8 times the SSD space. A better GPU model. A much much much much better PSU. It has a better case. Better ram. 32GB of ram is a total waste for gaming and same for that i7.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems like a pretty good build. actually almost alike my current PC. Thing is that I chose the i7 because of it's multitasking capabilities. I need that processor for gaming, recording, streaming, editing and rendering videos. From the things I've heard the 6800k is a good processor for all of those things, of course if you have any other suggestions I'd be open to them :)

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Buying a 6800k then not ocing it for gaming is pretty insane. X99 chips have a low out the box speed but can OC pretty massively. Not ocing it would leave performance far behind what the chip is capable of and a cheaper Skylake chip would thrash it in most cases for gaming.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm I didn't actually know that. You've actually made me consider it, but if I were to overclock it which fan out of the ones in the list should I get?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with vagabond, I just rebuilt my computer for the first time and it wasn't as hard as "builders" make out to be. I upgraded to a z97 A MB and i7 4790K cpu. with 500gb ssd and 32 gb ram. I am still shopping for a cooler.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube