add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Nzxt s340

PhantomStorm

41 months ago

I was looking at this case and it was perfect: Really sturdy, perfect size, and looks great,

BUT

I don't like the size of the side panel window, as it is way too small. I prefer something that views the whole side, like corsair's window.

And the airflow is terrible.Only one fan up top, and the front has literally no circualtion

Is there a case the size of an s340 with better airflow with a bigger window, but still sturdy? Or maybe someone who could modify the case for me? By the way if someone modifies it, I hope it isn't ridiculously expensive.

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant the size as in a bigger window for the s340. But is the 400c sturdy enough for the occasional run to a lan party and not bent around on the way?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I meant the size as in a bigger window for the s340.

I know, you have that option with the acrylic panel from mnpctech....

http://mnpctech.com/nzxt-h440-s340-razer-replacement-custom-window-smoked-clear-red-uv-green-blue/clear-replacement-cnc-machined-window-for-nzxt-h440-cases-clone.html

But is the 400c sturdy enough for the occasional run to a lan party and not bent around on the way?

Its very similar in size to the S340. While i wouldnt use an atx case for a lan party, for an occasional run the 400c is fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNPT0zqS5rc

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you mean that the front has no circulation; It can support 2 140 mm fans an has a filtered intake with huge vents on the top and bottom.

Even then, the 400c is still really nice.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean that the front end has a lot of resistance since there are only two small openings at the top and bottom for airflow, for more silence, so I may cut a hole in the front, along with the top, for better airflow, and get a bigger window on the side.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube